Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hot Chocolate Recipes

I'll admit it... one of the reasons I love winter so much is hot chocolate! Although it doesn't get too cold where I am, I love sending hot chocolate recipes to my friends and family across the world and enjoying this timeless sweet drink whenever I travel somewhere chilly. Today I'd like to share two of my favorite homemade hot chocolate recipes with you... enjoy!


Traditional Creamy Chocolate
makes 4 cups

1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Pinch of Salt
1/3 Cup Just Boiling Water
3 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
3/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Half-And-Half Cream

Mix sugar, cocoa, and salt in a sauce pan. Carefully pour boiling water over into sauce pan. Stir gently while you bring it to a boil. Simmer for about two minutes. Lower the heat and stir in your milk. Allow this to heat back up to desired temperature. Pour into heat-safe mugs, and add cream to thicken and cool down hot chocolate.

Mexican Style Hot Chocolate
makes 3 cups

3 Cups Whole Milk
3 Tablespoons Drinking Chocolate, Chopped Up
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cinnamon Stick
1/4 Teaspoon Chili Powder

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat while stirring until a boil begins. Remove from heat, cool for a few minutes, then pour into mugs.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment